[PLUG] Reference Recommendations

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 23:41:42 UTC 2016

On 01/29/2016 02:13 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I've just learned that my web site's use of meta keywords is well past
> its best-used-by date; that's been deprecated. I need to quickly learn how
> to apply modern search optimization techniques (by page, page title, etc.)
> and would like your recommendations for books (or web sites) I should read.
>
>    I can go to Powell's tomorrow to buy something so I can read, learn, and
> update my site ASAP.
>
>    All suggestions appreciated.
>
> Rich

SEO Joke (from somewhere on the web):
What is an SEO’s favorite part of the book?

The title, description, and the index.

Here's an interesting SEO bit from Google (2010):
http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

I've learned a bunch of stuff at w3schools.com, much now already forgotten:
http://www.w3schools.com/website/web_search.asp

O'Reilly usually has decent tomes on aspects of computer science - and
they sponsor OSCON.  I can't vouch for this one, but reviews look good:

The Art of SEO, 3rd Edition
Mastering Search Engine Optimization
By Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Final Release Date: August 2015
Pages: 994

Have Fun!