[PLUG] Local Domain Hosting ? A semi-newbie question

Vedanta Teacher orevedantateacher at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 23:51:20 UTC 2016

Everyone,

  I was thinking of setting up a local Domain and/or website so
that I can have my own email and DROP gmail, hotmail, etc.
so that the email would be something like:

  bla at blabla.com
     or
   bad at wolfie.org
    or
   raving at idiot.com

or something like that. I don't necessarily want anything on the
webpage aside from a front page and a message that no one
is home.

Also I hope to set up a non 14 eyes VPN in the next week or two
so I world need to be able to access everything through a VPN.

Education, hints, suggestions, flame war are appreciated in advance.

Blessings,

Paul W.