[PLUG] Local Domain Hosting ? A semi-newbie question

Nat Taylor bioborg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 03:21:26 UTC 2016

"Amazon ec2 Mail issues

Having mail servers in the cloud of Amazon ec2 does have a couple of issues.

   - Spammers set up mail spamming instances in the ec2 cloud. Thus the ec2
   ips are blocked by some spam checking tools. In the postfix howto document
   I tell you how to unlist your public ip. Basically go to spamhaus.org and
   fill their unlisting forms.
   - Amazon have themselves set up restrictions for this. Thus port 25
   traffic of new AWS accounts are restricted. Follow the advice in their
   article
   <http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/faqs/#Are_there_any_limitations_in_sending_email_from_EC2_instances>
on
   how to be approved
   <http://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/ec2-email-limit-request/>.
   - Thirdly, if you are in the cloud, your mail server is not local. So if
   you sent 50MB files as attachment to someone else, the transfer will take
   awhile compared to a local mail server.

"

- http://flurdy.com/docs/ec2/mail/#mailserver