[PLUG] Cannot get to printer

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 03:26:26 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 7:59 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 16:25:19 -0700
> Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> There is a command line way to stop and start cups, but I can't
> remember the syntax.

That is what I did:
sudo systemctl stop cups.service: no messages in response.

sudo systemctl restart cups.service.  Msg:
"failed to restart cups.service: unit cups.service is masked"

Meaning of "masked": "Completely disabled, so that any start operation on
fails (permanently in /etc/systemd/system/ or transiently in
/run/systemd/systemd/"

What makes this even more of a mystery than other stuff that I cannot
figure out is that it did work just a few days ago.  I think Ubuntu is
breaking stuff, for example my problems with networking when restoring
after sleep that I reported a week or so ago.

-Denis