[PLUG] Rsync user confusion: Who is user 1026?

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Mon Jul 11 19:16:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:48:44 -0700, in message
20160711114844.0a360442 at Devil-Bonobo, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 17:41:30 +0000
> Jason Spohn <jspohn at siegfriedeng.com> dijo:
>
> >Check out this page for some info on mounting NFS on Linux. Also
> >shows how to create the proper 'fstab' to make it persistent.
> >http://www.tldp.org/LDP/nag2/x-087-2-nfs.mountd.html
>
> I read the above page and tried what it said to do, but nothing
> worked. Mostly I think the problem is that it never addressed
> mount.cifs.

Why should it?  That web page is about mounting an NFS share.  It
has nothing to do with mounting SMB/CIFS shares.  Note that there
is an analog to mount.cifs: mount.nfs.  It is meant to be used by
the mount(8) program, but can be used standalone if you really
must.  See the man pages for mount.nfs(8) and mount(8) for
details.

Hope this helps.

--Dale

--
"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
    -- Mark Twain (1835-1910)