[PLUG] Wifi Compatibilty and Linux Distro's

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:56:58 UTC 2016

> What wireless card works well ?most? of the time with various distro?s?
>
> That's a really difficult question to answer as after doing wireless
network support for the past year I learned that there are many variables
to good wireless connectivity.

I've been running Debian on IBM / Lenovo laptops for almost a decade now
and the only wireless problems I ever had were fixed by changing the
driver. Which I did more of back the early part of the decade than I've
done in the past few years.

Have you tried a non-Ubuntu based distro such as Slackware, Debian, Fedora
or OpenSuse?

Also, what are you AP are you connecting to?

Lastly, what research have you done on this?  A quick Google netted this,
*Realtek RTL8723BE chipset*3. For a Realtek RTL8723BE chipset you should be
able to improve the stability and quality of your wireless connection, by
disabling power management for the wireless chipset.

Cheers,

MIke