[PLUG] Looking for all-in-one printer-scanner device

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Jul 20 21:49:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-18 16:59, John Bartley K7AAY john at 503bartley.com wrote:
> Looking for a printer-scanner, as my brother's Canon has given up the
> ghost, and his HP flatbed only scanner has a flourescent tube which is
> fading. Sure would like to find one supported by Mint 18 (Ubuntu 16)
> with
> sheet and flatbed feeding to scan, and duplexed printing.

I've had great luck with Brother printers.  We have a small duplex laser
and a cheap single-sided inkjet all-in-one that work quite well, and
Brother specifically offers Linux drivers.  Both have wireless network
connectivity, and cost less than $200/ea.  The inkjet seems fine with
cheap off-brand refills.

Printers these days are a lot like cars: old, durable and
high-maintenance, or new, disposable and zero-maintenance.