[PLUG] How do I use a tablet WiFi hotspot for my desktop machine?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 25 23:14:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, 25 Jul 2016, Dick Steffens wrote:

> Bingo! That works. Now to try to remember each step and write it up as a
> proper "solved" reply.

   Whew, eh? Glad you got it done.

   There are some things that require a root login shell rather than root
access from a user shell. I don't know the details, but I learned a long
time ago that when I build a Slackware package from the source tarball to do
so from a login shell. Apparently, writing to the /proc filesystem requires
the same attributes.

   Does PLUG have a wiki where solutions like this can be posted for
posterity?