[PLUG] how to exit full screen google maps

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 05:27:18 UTC 2016

On 06/15/2016 04:34 PM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> Thanks.  That does it.  Toggles between full screen and not.  Is that a
> "everybody knows" thing?  What else does everybody know?  I want to be in
> the know.
>
> -Denis

No such thing as "everybody knows."  As in all things, a bit of research
is all it takes to gain knowledge.  Like we used to say in my academic
days: "If we knew the answer, we wouldn't call it 'research'."

In Firefox, you can turn the "classic" menu on/off via instruction here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-happened-to-the-file-edit-and-view-menus

A proper menu rocks.  That stupid 3-line icon is for tablets. bah.

F11 has been around since before Firefox.  Seamonkey, Mozilla,
Netscape...etc...Heck, I think NCSA Mosaic and then Netscape invented
most of them.  Newer browsers just stole...er...reused the old code.

F5  reload current tab
ctrl-/ctrl+ to decrease/increase font size
ctrl-tab to switch tabs

There's more here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/114518/47-keyboard-shortcuts-that-work-in-all-web-browsers/

(some of these may not work as intended since the article was written.
YMMV).

Enjoy,
Ed