[PLUG] NAS System suggestions

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 19:25:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:23:02 -0700
wes <plug at the-wes.com> dijo:

>Most NAS devices support multiple protocols. NFS is relatively rare
>these days. I would expect it to support SMB (Windows-style file
>sharing) which is supported fairly ubiquitously.

From the Synology description/features sheet:

	The Most Compatible Sharing
	Enjoy seamless files sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux
	platforms as DS216j offers comprehensive network protocol
	support including FTP, SMB2, AFP, NFS and WebDAV.

Whichever of these is the easiest is the one I want. :)

Ideally the contents of the drive would be visible in a Thunar window
so I can just drag and drop files the same as I do with my current USB
3.0 external drive. It would make my life a lot easier if I don't have
to access the drive from a separate FTP program or web browser.