[PLUG] Needed: Virtual OS Driver [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 26 22:29:43 UTC 2016

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016, Nat Taylor wrote:

> huh... never had that problem with virtualbox.  So you need a driver for
> qemu's virtual ethernet interface for windows?

Nat,

   I had no problem loading a working copy of my win7 in virtualbox, either.
Since I was told that qemu does a better job with USB transfers I removed VB
and installed qemu.

> Is this it?
> http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/WindowsGuestDrivers/Download_Drivers

   Following the link to github gave no joy; I've no idea what the ethernet driver
for Windows is called.

   However, I do have installed the latest virtio drivers (I forget the
version number and the laptop's not on). The qemu startup script does point
to that .iso so I assume the available drivers are loaded. Why the ethernet
one is not is not obvious to me.

Thanks,