[PLUG] Show of hands/poll on tcpdump

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:31:31 UTC 2016

> > If asked to self assess your tcpdump comfort level would you reply with:

Very comfortable with the commonly used options in network troubleshooting
such as interface, protocol/port, packet type, host, monitoring, etc.

Which is a reflection of how I've used it as a Network Engineer.

Troubleshooting client/server software communication would take some time
reading and tinkering.

The far more difficult thing with tcpdump is being able to make sense of
the output.