[PLUG] System 76 laptop display type

Tyrell Jentink tyrell at jentink.net
Tue Mar 15 17:25:02 UTC 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel#IPS_Alternative_Technologies All of
which were intended to replace TN Matrix displays, which this could also be
(Albeit, probably not).

This answer also lists some available variations:
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-an-IPS-monitor-and-a-LED-monitor

There is also the possibility that it's a true LED matrix panel...
Although, that would probably be ruled out by price (And I feel like they
would say so, rather than mucking around with the word "Backlit" in this
instance).

Of course, none of that rules out the possibility of this being a response
by an ignorant drone.  I'm just saying the answer itself didn't actually
convey any meaning.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com