[PLUG] Acroread Changes Typeface [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 18 15:34:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016, King Beowulf wrote:

> in where ever /bin/acroread  script is uncomment:
>
> ACRO_ENABLE_FONT_CONFIG=1
> export ACRO_ENABLE_FONT_CONFIG
>
> and you may need also to install ms webcore fonts ( see slackbuilds.org)
>
> acrobat allows font embedding so the receiving system doesn't need to have
> the fonts installed. However, some don't and either pick wrong or use the
> wrong cached font.

Ed,

   Ah! That did the trick.

> but then I dumped acroread for F/OSS such as okular.

   I used to use xpdf, but it's a version or so behind Adobe, so I switched
to mupdf. That does a great job, but sometimes blocked text cannot be
transferred to another application. Acroread has useful capabilities that
help me when mupdf cannot.

   Okular is a KDE app which requires loading KDE (including the kitchen
sink), and I run Xfce so I'll stick with xpdf, mupdf, and acroread.

Much appreciated,