[PLUG] Probably will return my system 76 Gazelle

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:45:14 UTC 2016

> Suggestions on an alternative laptop?  Keys are the first requirement
> (along with Linux, of course.)  And that Dell mentioned here a while ago
> with a non-replaceable battery seems to me to be a bit stupid.  But maybe I
> can be convinced otherwise with suitable arguments.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Denis
>
> I've been very happily running various Linux distros: Debian, Ubuntu,
> Fedora on old , refurbished and new IBM & Lenovo Thinkpads for about a
> decade now. Very happily means I've never considered using any other
> hardware platform. It just works and works well and the hardware is
> bomb-proof.

I've replaced the fan when the bearing got noisy, I've replaced at 3 least
4 keyboards, hard drive, cd-rom, batteries, Keith L. has replace the
screens with higher resolution ones. Free Geek usually has piles of "as-is"
Thinkpads for parts and ThinkWiKi is a really great community resource. "5,586
active users <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers> have
registered since Sep. 2004 and created 1,332 articles (54,492 page edits so
far)."

So many good reasons!

-- Mike