[PLUG] More on laptop search

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:42:19 UTC 2016

1. I am fussy about the keyboard, but I like the new slightly curved
thinkpad keys. The only issues I have with the new keyboards is less
keys compared to old keyboards, thus somewhat compromised Insert/Home
and PageUp/Down keys layout. The keyboard is offset by larger and, in
my opinion, better touchpad.

2. I would avoid the models without physical touchpad buttons
(x240/t440 I think)

3. I believe that Michael was talking about much newer models - T430
(IvyBridge) or similar. For ilustration - I sold i7 X220 (SandyBridge),
8GB RAM with 240GB SSD and IPS panel and with docking station for $300
in January/February on Ebay.

4. T42 is 2004 model - that is way to old to be useful as mobile device
these days.

I'd advise you to ask around during the next meeting - I am sure
someone will have thinkpad with them - and try the keyboard(s) in
person.

I hope it helps, Tomas