[PLUG] More on laptop search

Ronald Bynoe ronald at bynoe.us
Tue May 10 14:50:53 UTC 2016

My ThinkPad T540p is pretty nice with Linux. I stuck 2 SSDs in it (no
optical drive), loaded it with 16GB of RAM, and it has a nice high res LCD.

Although it has a full numberpad (a must for me) I do wish the LCD had an
ambient light sensor for auto dimming, and I wish the keyboard were
back-lit.

It has built-in Bluetooth too, which is nice because my mouse is BT. Oh,
and my model has the fingerprint reader option, and that too works in
Linux! Actually, everything I've tried has. I have 2 external monitors
attached, for a total of 5,760x3,480 of screen real estate.

Pleasantly,
Ronald Bynoe