[PLUG] Snappy response not so snappy anymore

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Thu May 12 21:07:52 UTC 2016

On 05/12/2016 01:56 PM, Neal wrote:
> One more thought about the slow response. The disk thing I mentioned
> likely will not show up as CPU usage or even disk usage. If there's
> some way to show disk access waiting-on-hardware performance of some
> sort then that would be the only way other than the drive light
> staying on during the periods of non-responsiveness. However, I'd be
> surprised if such a thing existed outside kernel/disk driver debugging
> builds.
>
> Any lucking finding the culprit yet?

Thanks to all for all the recommendations.

Right after asking for ideas (as seems to happen to me from time to
time) things got really busy. I still see the issue, but it's not
changing ... as in getting worse or anything ... and I am able to do the
work I need to do. It looks like it will be a couple of weeks before I
can set aside some experimentation time. Having lots of work is a good
thing, though, so I'm not complaining. When I finally surface and get to
try some of the recommended things I'll be sure to post the results.
Sadly, I'll be too busy to take my box to the clinic.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens