[PLUG] Enabling bi-directional ssh

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Tue Nov 8 22:41:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 01:36:20PM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Typing 'ssh-agent' on the command line tells me that the socket and
> PID exist and are exported; the PID is 1245.

Running `ssh-agent` will start up a new ssh-agent process and leave it
running.  That's probably not what you want.  (The output of ssh-agent
is meant to be eval'd by shell scripts.)

What are the values of the SSH environment variables exported in your
shell?  What does `env | grep SSH` say?

How many ssh-agent processes are currently running?  There should be
one with a PID matching $SSH_AGENT_PID.  If more than one is running,
kill the ones that don't match.  (I assume you're the only user logged
in to the system.)

--
Paul Mullen