[PLUG] Enabling bi-directional ssh

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 8 23:48:59 UTC 2016

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016, Larry Brigman wrote:

> I would first try doing ssh to each host locally and see if that works.

Larry,

   I don't follow your suggestion. Currently only two hosta are running on
the LAN: salmo (the desktop server/workstation) and typha (the ThinkPad
X200).

   I can connect from salmo to typha using ssh, but cannot connect from typha
to salmo. Now that I have correctly specified the identity file in
~/.ssh/config, ssh tells me that it cannot find any host named salmo when I
enter the command
$ ssh salmo: