[PLUG] Linux replace PS/2???

Nat Taylor bioborg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 06:38:08 UTC 2016

I may be confused, but doesn't the PS2 just save the state of your games on
that memory card?
Like how far you got in Turok or Goldeneye?

This might be of interest, I'll bet you could use your controllers on a
raspberry pi somehow: https://retropie.org.uk/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Playstation-2-controller-with-Raspberry-Pi/

It looks like McBoot (or FreeMcBoot) is used to rip your dvds onto the
ps2's drive if you have a fat ps2 with a hard drive, and then back off
later, or play burned disks in the drive or other places.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ps2/comments/2ppzy6/attention_everyone_with_questions_about_freemcboot/

You can rip your PS2 ROMS from your ps2 disks:
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-make-an-iso-from-a-ps2-game-disc
I'm not sure of the legality of downloading a PS2 ROM ISO of a disk you
physically own.
Here's a discussion:
http://www.howtogeek.com/262758/is-downloading-retro-video-game-roms-ever-legal/
I've noticed on Nintendo's site they definitely say no.

It seems like ripping your own disks to play on the emulator would be the
best way to go.

Something like this would be pretty cool to build, this one is with a PS1
but I'll bet you could do a PS2,
http://www.instructables.com/id/PiStation-A-Raspberry-Pi-Emulation-Console/

 or if you used a raspberry pi zero you could maybe fit it inside the ps2
controller like they fit this one in the nintendo controller:
http://lifehacker.com/stuff-a-raspberry-pi-zero-into-a-nintendo-controller-fo-1753013570
here's one in an xbox controller:
https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2015/11/raspberry-pi-zero-hidden-in-an-xbox-controller/