[PLUG] Clarifying -- Re: Permissions for an entire PARTITION

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:57:41 UTC 2016

The reason you can do some of this with USB and optical is that these are
devices that don't show up until they are inserted and are handled with
hot-plug/udev settings.
People have specific use cases that lots of people want.  It gets written
and refined by the community.

It's possible to do what you want but you will need to write a wrapper
script around mount where it does the mount of the device gets the metadata
that you want from the partition
and then decide what options that you really wanted to mount the device
like.

Until you have the script and the metadata file format, you will be editing
udev rules to achive what you want.