[PLUG] Linux Laptop Recommendation

Vedanta Teacher orevedantateacher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:39:56 UTC 2016

Beware that some new laptops are 'sealed' e.g. you can't
open them with a screwdriver. I have an ASUS lap top wherein
you have to pry open the corner with a screwdriver and slide a credit
card or something around the perimeter 'breaking the plastic clips loose';
sometimes the clips break off.

I wanted to add RAM but it was soldered in place and could not be upgraded.

The battery was also sealed inside the case so you couldn't pop it out.

If you think you'll ever need to upgrade RAM, hard drive, etc. I'd go to
your
favorite store and physically handle the item in question.

Also note that some manufactures 'lock out' the BIOS.
Quick web searches on particular models might save some grief.

Blessings,
Paul W.