[PLUG] Linux Laptop Recommendation

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 13 06:06:24 UTC 2016

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 21:41:38 -0800
Tony Schlemmer <aschlemm at comcast.net> dijo:

>I recently ordered a Kudu laptop from System76.com. It has 16GB of
>memory, a 512 GB PCle M.2 SSD, and a lighted keyboard too. But you said
>you did not was a huge laptop and the Kudu is 17".

I can recommend System76. I also have one of their 17" laptops and it
has been quite rugged and extremely configurable. Since they ship their
laptops with Ubuntu you can be assured that all the vital functions are
supported. I might also add that I had a warranty issue that required
shipping the computer to them. They paid for shipping both ways and
were very quick with excellent communication.

I haven't looked at their offerings lately to see if they have smaller
laptops, but if they do I would have no qualms about recommending them.
And best of all, you don't have to pay the 'Microsoft tax,' since their
computers don't come with Windows.