[PLUG] Linux Laptop Recommendation

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sun Nov 13 13:56:12 UTC 2016

Two others have recommended System76 - which is upgradable and comes with Ubuntu installed.
Their smallest laptop is a Lemur, with 14" screen and weighing 3.6 pounds.  Base configuration
is $699. Adding RAM or 2nd hard drive or larger SSD raises the price.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:46:26PM -0800, Michael Barnes wrote:
> I may be in the market for a new, inexpensive laptop for Linux. Nothing
> fancy, but would like something relatively current. I'm looking for
> something fairly lightweight and small, in the 10-11 inch range. I'd like
> to completely wipe it and install a fresh Linux distro, probably Ubuntu to
> start with. I know in the past, the Asus eee laptop was fairly popular. I
> don't really want to spend a lot on this.
>
> Thanks for any ideas,
> Michael

      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity