[PLUG] Linux Laptop Recommendation

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Nov 14 11:40:52 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Josiah" == Josiah Luscher <sy at josiahluscher.com> writes:

Josiah> Just my 2¢.  Shop first for speed, it's both the thing that
Josiah> costs and the thing that will make your computer last IMHO.  I
Josiah> paid the Windows tax and the spinning ferrous disk tax and got
Josiah> an ASUS X540L for ~$350.  If I did it again I'd get a better
Josiah> screen, it's fairly low resolution.

For me, a laptop is more about mobility, longevity and connectivity, so
light-weight, a good display, a usable keyboard, good wifi drivers and
battery life are prime features.  With a network connection, I can ssh
to a "real" CPU to do computation.

I actually type on a Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2015) more than anything
else, about $300.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net