[PLUG] problems w/ desktop ubuntu 14.04 machine

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:01:51 UTC 2016

Just curious. If there is no OSD, how do you know HDMI input is selected?
Also, do you have another computer or laptop or Raspberry Pi or Roku or
something you can hook up to the monitor to see if it is working? You
should get an OSD even with nothing connected to the monitor. So far,
everything you have been saying points to a bad monitor. Run down to
Goodwill, you can usually pick up a working monitor for <$20. That will
give you something to test with, and everybody can use a spare monitor now
and then.

Michael