[PLUG] laptop error msg out of space for /boot

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 19 13:43:49 UTC 2016

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> But you said "..., I think."  That makes me reluctant.  Someone as
> incompetent as I am needs certainty to minimize the chance of catastrophe.

Denis,

   Your current kernel and a newer one are all you need. If you list the
files in /boot you'll see what's there. It's not difficult to clean up that
partition, but you need to watch the soft links to System.map, config, and
vmlinuz. I don't know how to modify grub to reflec the new reality because I
use lilo. In my case I modify /etc/lilo.conf, then run (as root) lilo.

   Clinic's on Sunday. Bring your laptop and get help resolving the
situation.