[PLUG] laptop error msg out of space for /boot

Erik Lane eriklane at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 17:52:40 UTC 2016

At least on my laptop, that doesn't seem to have any effect. I'm running
Mint, but since it's based on Ubuntu, I assume it's relevant.

I probably have 8 or so kernels on mine, according to what I see in /boot.
I see that there are manual ways to get rid of them, but I don't know that
I'll bother. My /boot is on the same partition as the majority of my
system, and since I'm only using ~20% of the disk, I'm not in any danger of
running out of space. (For years at the rate I go.)

It would be nice if apt would take care of them, but it's not enough of an
annoyance (for me) to try to force anything and have any risk of borking
the system. I guess I might ask synaptic to deal with the specific
packages, so it can try to save me from doing anything overly stupid...