[PLUG] more desktop issues

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 03:42:01 UTC 2016

Hi Denis,

I hope that I did not miss this obvious suggestion in your past posts.
If so, I regret pointing the obvious.

Did you check the file system on the drives?

If you did not, here is how to do this safely:
1. check what filesystems you have at what partitions, in case that you
you need it later
2. boot into recovery mode or life distribution using CD/DVD/USB, so
that you are not using your hard drive(s) or SSD(s) in the machine.
3. run fsck on all partitions excluding swap. Example:
fsck /dev/sda1
4. If you encounter errors, follow the instructions on how to fix them.

I hope things get better soon ...
Tomas