[PLUG] Weird issue network ports dhcp client RPi

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:14:26 UTC 2016

Folks,
I just did a update to a RPi B+. Before I did the update all was working
just fine, after doing so I lost my network connection (wifi) I can see the
interfaces but no IP. I plug in a ethernet cable, but do not see the dhcp
client pulling an address, I reboot the RPi, and then I get addresses on
both the wired and wireless side. I figure that all was OK so I pull the
wired side, within seconds both ports have lost their IP addresses. I can
see in the syslog where it happens, for some reason looks like the dhcp
client is removing BOTH addresses, even worse in order to get a link back
I have to reboot the thing.

I can drop a chunk of syslog on here, but figured I would ask first just in
case
someone has seen this.

I looked on line, seems the others who have seen this were running static.
Before I did the upgrade it worked just fine.

--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.