[PLUG] PLUG Digest, Vol 145, Issue 13

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:39:14 UTC 2016

Woops... I sent the trace to the list, yes it starts up OK as long as the
wired
side is plugged in, If the wired side is not plugged in it will not start
up. With
the mods, now the wired side will at times restart (not always, once it
stops
and refuses to restart you have to reboot) I tried to start the dhcpcd
client
by hand and get the same thing. Seems if the wired port is not plugged in
nothing works.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net>
wrote:

> Chuck> Weird, I did all of that and I am getting the same thing. If I
> Chuck> start the RPi it will pull IP's for both eth0 and wlan0, as soon
> Chuck> as I unplug eth0 both of them go away.
>
> Chuck> The dhcpcd file has clientid available and duid as #duid so it is
> Chuck> not visible. But looking at the syslog trace it looks like it may
> Chuck> be doing so anyhow.
>
> Chuck> I can drop a trace on here but it will be a wee bit long.
>
> http://pastebin.com/
>
> or pipe to sprunge.us, e.g.:
>
>   cat $foo | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us
>
> Is your USB wifi adapter working?  Is it associated to the AP, is the
> DHCP server running?  Can you run a dhcp client manually from the
> Raspberry Pi?
>

> --
> Russell Senior, President
> russell at personaltelco.net

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.