[PLUG] my printer is out of ink, recommendations for a new printer?

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 05:16:43 UTC 2016

For what is worth it - I'd recommend Brother's MFCxxx40*DW models such
as: B&W MFC-L2740DW or Color MFC-9340CDW. They have the same
consumables as the lower (30) models, but can scan double sided in
single pass - which is brilliant functionality to have.

Got B&W MFC-L2740DW for my university bound daughter to replace Epson
color inkjet - she loves it for second year in the row. She is 100%
Linux user too. Downside: noisy to use at night when the fans kick in.

Color printers cost 4x to refill .... Bk. $50 + 3x$68 for high capacity
color cartridges versus $40 for the B&W printer high capacity cartridge