[PLUG] Keyboard mapping

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Oct 29 05:27:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 21:38:14 -0700
Chuck Hast <wchast at gmail.com> dijo:

>Folks,
>I purchased a Spanish keyboard for my X300. I have installed it, and
>so far not too
>bad, but some of the keyboard mapping is giving me the wrong
>characters. Here is
>what I have purchased for this machine:
>IBM Lenovo X300 Spanish Teclado Español Keyboard 42T3628 42T3595

There are numerous 'Spanish' keyboards:
	Spain
	Mexico
	Latin America
Each maps the dead keys to different locations, e.g., in Mexico all
they need is the virgulilla for the n, the diéresis for the u, and the
acento for the vowels. The Latin America keyboard includes virgulillas
for the vowels to accommodate Portuguese, and the Spanish keyboard
includes options for accent grave et circumflex for French.

I know where to access the GUI options in an Xfce desktop GUI, but I
know the location in the GUI for other desktops is different, so I
can't tell you exactly where to set the options. All I can day is that
they are there somewhere.