[PLUG] Keyboard mapping

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 04:46:02 UTC 2016

SOLVED...
I found the proper keyboard mapping, I just had to make sure that the dead
keys were being handled properly. Now my wife will be happy ( ¡important!)
And now depending on the language selected the keyboard maps to where
it should. Part of the problem was that the keyboard had been modified a bit
in order for it to fit into the area on the Thinkpad X301. The selection was
Spanish
           Latin American layout

But initially it was generating some characters that are no longer seen in
Latin
American Spanish, one was the C cedilla on a key that should have generted
the } symbol. Now that I have the proper set of selections done it works
great.

Again a big thank you to all that helped.

FYI if you are using a Thinkpad X200 or X300 series, take note of they key-
board layout as it is slightly different due to the space limits, but
digging, testing
and some fine guidance on this list has been a great help.