[PLUG] Learning Linux Sys Admin & Linux/Open Source tools

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:02:42 UTC 2016

> I found a couple of things recently that might be of use.
> http://devopsbootcamp.osuosl.org/
> http://tfitch.com/automation-tools-bootcamp/vagrant.html
>
> I got these from an Open Spaces session at DevOps Days PDX.
>
> I've looked at both of their lists and it covers most of the things that I
> use just about every day in my work with my development team.

That's incredibly useful and helpful information! Thank you!

"This program is based on the PSU Braindump <http://braindump.cat.pdx.edu/>,
where for 21 years they have been turning PSU students into sysadmins who
have rapidly been flowing into the growing number of startups in Portland."

Blows my mind that I've never heard of the "PSU Braindump" until now!

A few months ago, OSU's Open Source Lab was hiring a Linux SysAdmin. I
drooled all over my keyboard like I did when the Center for Biological
Diversity was also hiring a Linux SysAdmin.

Another very drool inducing Linux SysAdmin job posting is the current one
for Laika. The producers of 'Kubo'.  http://goo.gl/QPyjx1