[PLUG] new member intro

Daniel Bolduc dan at computatrumdesign.com
Thu Sep 15 05:06:08 UTC 2016

I've recently started lurking so I figure I'd better introduce myself too.

I'm somewhat new to the local tech scene and have been moving up swiftly in
IT support on a path towards systems administration. Currently i work with
an IT MSP (managed services provider, for those who don't know) that
consults with several businesses in the region. You can check out our
company at www.moveitupward.com.

Before this gig I worked closely with Ron Braithwaite who is a long time
PLUG member... he might still be on the list actually (hi Ron!) and he
recommended I check out the group. I've attended a few PLUG events (the
Azure intro with Scott Hanselman) and joined the list to keep on top of
what topics are coming up for the monthly PLUG events.

My current gig is mainly microsoft oriented (as are most small businesses),
but I've been getting more into the *nix world lately and have been using
ubuntu personally. I'm interesting in leveling up my knowledge of Linux
administration in a way that I can apply to a future gig somewhere outside
of microsoft-land :-)

Basically I'm just looking to soak up as much knowledge as I can from the
grizzled vets, and maybe ask some questions when I get stuck on my home
server lab projects :-)

- Dan