[PLUG] Web site URL points to localhost

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Sat Sep 24 03:20:07 UTC 2016

> On Sep 23, 2016, at 10:30, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
>   If it's true that the majority of DDoS attacks use compromised individual
> hosts collected into a botnet, seems to me that reducing the number of such
> compromised systems would be a good place to start.

That would seem logical.

However, the powers that be have zero interest in making it go away or subside, because their mere existence gives rise to a whole industry of products to protect people from these things.

Just as law enforcement won't eliminate or curtail, or in a lot of instances prosecute these crimes because the gain to the economy is much more than the losses incurred.