[PLUG] Setting display colors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 24 18:38:30 UTC 2016

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Yes, there is, as I write in my message. And, in /etc/DIR_COLORS the
> specification for directory colors is 33 (yellow), but directories are
> displayed in blue with the ls command.

   Sorry that I did not clearly explain the situation.

   In all hosts, /etc/DIR_COLORS is modified so that when files are listed
all directories display in yellow for contrast with the black terminal
background. For some reason, in my laptop, directories display in the
default dark blue (34) despite having the color specified as yellow (33) in
/etc/DIR_COLORS.

   I'd like to understand why color specifications are not being followed.