[PLUG] Arduino issue

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sun Sep 25 00:56:55 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

Denis> I am developing a logging program.  The Arduino is a Uno R2.  It
Denis> has an ATAfruit SD shield w/ RTC.  For testing purposes I record
Denis> data once per second.  When I am finished testing I will be
Denis> taking data much less frequently, although there might be random
Denis> times when a few data points are only one second apart.

Denis> I convert the data ( a long; two strings, 3 ints) to a string in
Denis> CSV format.  But often not all the data gets assembled into the
Denis> string.  It seems that the += operation does not append the
Denis> string to be added.

Denis> I removed the references to the SD card and the failures went
Denis> away, or so it seems.  I need to run it for a longer time, but
Denis> before I removed the SD stuff the problem showed up in two to
Denis> four seconds.  So let's assume that the issue was the SD writing.

Denis> How might I go about exploring this issue?

Can you post the relevant code?

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net