[PLUG] GalliumOS on Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2015)

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Sep 27 05:13:09 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Nat" == Nat Taylor <bioborg at gmail.com> writes:

Russell> Not to put anyone off of Joey's dell, but this seems like an
Russell> opportune moment to mention my recent experience with turning a
Russell> Toshiba Chromebook 2 (the 2015 gandof, rather than the 2014
Russell> version) into a "real linux" machine with GalliumOS.  I needed
Russell> to do a BIOS update, but I can dual-boot to ChromeOS if I want
Russell> (mostly I don't).

Nat> A report back after a month or so of use would be useful.

Just a follow-up.  I've been using GalliumOS on my chromebook for ~6
months.  I like it fine, and in fact despite having nicer laptops within
reach, it's the one I actually type on most.  I'm writing this email on
it.  Again, the keyboard takes some getting used to, but ... well, I'm
used to it.  Works good.  Display is good.  The video performs better
than some of my nicer laptops.  For example, slither.io is mostly
smooth.  My nicer laptops are herky-jerky.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net