[PLUG] Movie fan needs storage space

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Apr 1 17:15:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 23:09:25 -0700
Chuck Hast <wchast at gmail.com> dijo:

>sudo apt install smartmontools, or whichever tool your distro uses to
>pull down
>applications. smartctl is part of the above package.

Thanks. Got it installed and it works. The only problem is that the
external USB drive that I am worried about returned this:

SMART support is:     Unavailable - device lacks SMART capability.
Error Counter logging not supported
Device does not support Self Test logging

Sigh. :(

Oh well. I don't have the purchase information, but it has to be at
least past its three year warranty and the issues it is displaying
convince me that it's time for replacement.