[PLUG] Which version of MATE are folks using?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Apr 3 16:39:42 UTC 2017

On 04/03/2017 09:26 AM, Chuck Hast wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu 16.04 Mate, but I replace Marco with Compiz because I like
> (really like) my cube... Beyond that it is pretty tame and gives few
> problems.
>
> One thing is to make sure you purge ALL of the .files out of your home
> directory,
> otherwise you may see some funnies. Back them up somewhere and then ins-
> tall, then replace the ones you need for particular apps, if you are moving
> from
> either Mate distro or Ubuntu some of those old .files will cause some
> strange
> stuff.

The way I do it, I'll start with a complete install, so all the .files
will be stock. Then I'll copy the .files from my current desktop over to
the new one, and do the same as I add programs that aren't automatically
included. Thanks for the reminder.

> I use apt and Synaptic all of the time, after I do an install the first
> thing I do is
> install Synaptic if it has not been done by the install.

Glad to know. I'll give it a try when I can set aside the time.

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens