[PLUG] Which version of MATE are folks using?

Nat Taylor bioborg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 00:41:46 UTC 2017

I used Cinnamon, then Mate, then KDE on my arch desktop after I read a
recent comparison of CPU cycle usage by various modern desktops.  I was
surprised to see KDE out front so I tried it out when I did a reinstall due
to a failing hard drive.
I have also been using XFCE on some VMs lately, and it's quite nice these
days.   Manjaro has a nice XFCE implementation on its default desktop.
Siduction does as well, and they have a Mate version as well.  It's all
Debian Sid, so it might be a good fit, if you're set on Mate.