[PLUG] Finding appropriate USENET group or mailing list?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Apr 4 16:06:42 UTC 2017

Richard,

I appreciate your desire to work in a certain way through USENET forums.
You may even find a USENET forum for Wordpress, but I would be concerned
about the quality of the support you will receive from that group. You
could also create your own USENET group for Wordpress on Debian and see how
many folks join. Again, I would worry about the quality of the advice you
would receive.

If your goal is to ask questions and get fast and high quality responses
from the mainstream Wordpress developers and administrators, then you will
have to use the Wordpress support forums, as that is the best support
channel available. You don't have to read a blog to get support. Just
create an account on the Wordpress site and subscribe to one of the support
forums to get emails with all of the conversations. Or, you can just post
questions and get email responses for just your question.

If all you are doing is posting static pages, then I question the use of
Wordpress in the first place. Seems like you are using a formula one race
car to drive to the grocery store once a week to get groceries. You could
migrate all the static pages to an apache server. Perhaps there are USENET
groups for serving static pages with apache.

Sometimes an electrician has to pick up a hammer, some nails, and some wood
to build a frame to complete his/her job - ie an electrician has to know
the rudiments of carpentry as well as how to sting wire. Flexibility and
learning new technologies is the norm for working in the tech world. You
have accepted the challenge of supporting Wordpress, why such resistance to
learning how to use a more modern format for a support forum as is offered
by the thousands of people using and supporting Wordpress?

Good luck!

Mark

PS Just so you don't think I am some millennial giving you advice, I am
almost your age and have been working in the tech world ever since one
entered input into a computer with switches and got output from blinking
lights. :)