[PLUG] USB enclosures

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 23:55:00 UTC 2017

I understand that you are choosing RAID0 because you need 8+8=16GB of
storage space instead of redundancy.
I would advise you against using RAID0 if you care about your data -
single disk failure and you loose everything.
JBOD will give you the same storage space at about the same performance
over 1Gb/s ethernet + you are only risking some of the data, depending
which disk fails. So, JBOD is lower risk at almost no tradeoff versus
not-redundant RAID0 over 1Gb/s network.
RAID0 is really only useful for performance reasons as locally
connected storage inside a workstation - it doubles the disk speed.
That being said, local SSD/NVME will beat 2 disk HDD RAID0 in common
desktop/media/engineering workloads.
Tomas