[PLUG] USB enclosures

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 01:47:32 UTC 2017

John,

Both your main storage and your backup run from the same power line in the
same house.  What is the likelihood lightning or some other major event
could affect both at the same time?  Low, but backups are intended as
insurance for low-likelihood events.  Then there is crypto-lock.  I do not
know about how that works and how different backup schemes protect against
it.

I cannot say I have anything as robust as your system--I backup to a local
disk once per week, real time while I am sitting here.  Other times the
local backup disk is powered off.

-Denis