[PLUG] USB enclosures

Erik Lane eriklane at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:24:43 UTC 2017

I think the biggest benefit to the inspections (for me) is when I move into
a house that I know nothing about. Especially for plumbing and electrical,
I want to know that the work was at least looked at by a third party that
knows their stuff. (Though I guess for roofing and structural it's also
pretty important.) I've seen some CRAZY stuff out there, and anything
hidden inside a wall will likely stay that way until it comes out to bite
you. No way to inspect for that when you're buying a house...

Yes, when I'm doing my own work and know it's good it's a hassle to bother
with the permit and inspections, but in that case I think of it mainly as
protecting people down the road. (They have no way of knowing that I do
quality work, except that it passed inspection.)

I like that idea of having lighting on its own panel and so many separate
circuits for different things in preparation for solar. It would sure give
you fine-grained control! Never going to happen at this house, though.
Reworking everything and tearing it apart just doesn't make sense unless I
was going to get into all the walls anyway, and of course I'm not planning
to. (Knock on wood. :)  )

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>