[PLUG] Firefox 'blank' opening page

Brian P. Martin plugng3 at martinconsulting.com
Fri Apr 7 19:45:03 UTC 2017

Rich,
>     Apparently my firefox upgrades over the past couple of years did not
> upgrade the UI. Hence, the issues I had a few weeks ago. Those issues were
> fixed by letting firefox create a whole new subdirectory.
>
>     Now, when I open firefox -- and the preference is for a blank page -- I
> get this annoying "I'm so embarrassed I could not load the tabs you had open
> when you killed me." I tell it to go away rather than restore outdated data.
>
>     Is there a way to get a plain empty page instead of this 'helpful' one?
That's not a helpful page, that an "Oops, I crashed last time" page.  It
says that firefox didn't shutdown normally.  Still, it happens often
enough that I turned it off.  Here's how:

 1. Enter a URL of "about:config" and press enter.
 2. Accept responsibility for knowing what you're doing.
 3. In the Search box, enter "crash"
 4. Change the value of "browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash" to false.
 5. Close the about:config tab.

That's it.

                                    -B.

Brian P. Martin, Chief Consultant