[PLUG] Tarnished chromium

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 10 18:18:47 UTC 2017

   Installed here is chromium-54.0.2840.100, my backup browser when a server
has issues with firefox. Recently I ran into a puzzling response by firefox
when I tried to access my bank's web site. Because I received a solution to
the firefox 'crash' page issue here I'm hopeful I'll get equally good advice
on resolving the chromium issue.

   Using firefox (and opera in the past) I have no problems accessing my
bank's web site using https. When I entered that URL in chromium it refused
to load the site, turned 'https' red and put a slash through it, and told me
it was so badly insecure (something about a SSL certificate) that it would
not let me proceed. Really?

   I know little about chromium as it's used so infrequently. I've not found
anything in the preferences/options that seem to address this issue. If you
have ideas on how to fix this browser-specific problem please share them
with me.